Friday 4 April 2008

Self-Esteem Questionnaire

Here is the Self-Esteem Questionnaire answered by our students...
SELF-ESTEEM QUESTIONNAIRE


Following you’ll find some situations you could have found yourself or you’ll maybe have to cope with. You should evaluate them according to your personal experience.

0 means “Doesn’t correspond to my personal experience”
1 means “Hardly ever corresponds to my personal experience”
2 means “2 out of 3 doesn’t correspond to my personal experience”
3 means “2 out of 3 corresponds to my personal experience”
4 means “It usually corresponds to my personal experience”
5 means “It definitely corresponds to my personal experience”


1.I sometimes think that I’m not fun to be with
2.I often don’t feel to be accepted and appreciated even by those who know
me well
1.I’m not sure of what doing or saying when I’m together with people I don’t know well
2.I can hardly see other people’s qualities
3.I often feel to be a too shy guy, even if I don’t look like that to other people’s eyes.
4.People don’t like me if they don’t know me well
5.Even if I try to trust more my own capacities, I’m always afraid to deal with new situations
6.I’m worried about censures and observations about me
7.I don’t think I’m a creative person.
8.I often put off my job/school engagements.
9.I find it difficult to express my opinions when they are different from other people’ones
10.When I look at myself in the mirror, I don’t like me
11.When someone pays a compliment to me, I get amazed, I can’t believe it.
12.I find it difficult to accept and cope with my errors
13.My friends rarely appreciate my ideas or accept my proposals
14.I’m a too highly strung person
15.In occasion of important events I’ve always felt alone.
16.Other people see me as in introverted guy
17.Among other people, at work/school, with my friends I’m often not at ease.
18.When something goes wrong in my life, I think it’s because of ill-luck
19.It’s difficult to say what I think.
20.There are many things I’d like to change in myself.
21.I lack “common sense”.
22.I try to conceal some parts of my body.
23.I often feel to be left outside the group
24.I’d change my look if I could.
25.I try to face clashes and contrasts.
26.I don’t trust me very much.
27.I sometimes do things just to please the others more than myself
28.I’ve always thought that my parents don’t like the way I am
29.I’ve sometimes suffered because of unexpected frustrations
30.When other people are kind with me I become suspicious
31.I can’t understand what teachers expect from me
32.I try to fulfil an engagement carefully
33.When I’m not able to do something I often think that I couldn’t have done better.
34.I sometimes feel uncomfortable when I’m in physical contact, even with known people

You total score is______________

If your score is between 30 and 70, you’ve got a high self-esteem level.
You’re satisfied of the life you’re living and the choices you have done. You have got a very good “image of yourself”; you express to other people your “uniqueness”, accepting the risk to look different. Your job/studies gratify you and this allows you to invest creatively your energies to achieve new goals.

If your score is between 71 and 110, you’ve got an average self-esteem level.
You have got a good self-esteem level, even though the new situations make you fell ill at ease. You are aware of your strong points and positive features, but you find it difficult to accept your weaknesses. At school/work you are very appreciated for your capacities but you don’t accept with pleasure other people’s advices and proposals.

If your score is between 111 and 160, you’ve got a low self-esteem level.
You often feel to be of no worth, you’re critical with yourself, and often use negative statements to describe yourself. New situations get you frightened, you start thinking that you won’t be able to cope with them and this fills you with concern. When studying/working you often lack power of concentration and this prevent you to come to the end of an activity. The relationship with your teachers/head clerks is often marked by defiance and rebellion.

No comments: